WHDC’s Logo Design Contest
April 19, 2021
West Harlem Development Corporation (WHDC) needs the help of local artists to create a new and dynamic logo. Please review the contest rules below and submit ideas using the button/link included. If there are any questions, contact our office at (646) 476-3394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$ 1,250 – 1st Place Winner
$ 500 – 2nd Place
$ 250 – 3rd Place
What: Design a new logo for West Harlem Development Corporation (WHDC).
Eligibility: Priority given to West Harlem/MCD9 resident artists (From 110th to 155th streets, from the Hudson River to Manhattan, Morningside, St. Nicholas, Bradhurst, and Edgecombe Avenues).
Submission Rules and Requirements:
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for WHDC.
- The logo must be original and eye-catching.
- The logo must contain an image or icon and can contain the letters “WHDC”.
Flexibility is key:
- The logo should be usable online and in print.
- The logo should resize easily to small or large scales.
- The logo should present well in black and white as well as in color.
- The logo should be suitable for high quality printing.
- The file must be JPG, PNG, SVG or PSD format, and the limit on attachment size is 100 Mb.
- Save the file on scalable vector graphic format (EPS OR AI).
Judging and Selection of Winners: A panel of distinguished judges from the local community will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winners. Names of artists will not be submitted to the judges. Winners will be announced via the WHDC website and social media accounts.
Intellectual Property: The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winners AGREE that the images submitted will be the intellectual property and exclusively owned by WHDC.
How to Enter:
- The WHDC Logo Contest application is closed.
- One submission per person.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: July 31, 2021.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.