We Are Hiring!
April 27, 2021
Title of Position: Grants/Program Manager at West Harlem Development Corporation (WHDC)
Position Type: Full-time and in person. Office Hours are 9 am to 5 pm (Monday through Friday), with some flexibility required.
Location: 423 West 127th Street, Ground Floor, NYC 10027
Primarily report to the Director of Programs at WHDC. The Grants/Program Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of the organization’s grants management and reporting activities through the Fluxx portal.
- Work closely with the Director of Programs to conduct appropriate due diligence, including: review proposals/budgets and monitor progress of grants through the pre-award, award, and post-award states. Prepare award letters and payments. Design and create applications and reporting templates.
- Strengthen workflow, procedures, and policy with WHDC staff in an ongoing effort to improve and streamline the grantmaking process.
- Analysis and reporting of grants for Senior Staff and Board of Directors.
- Work collaboratively with staff on the planning of other signature WHDC and/or special initiatives and grants.
- Actively assist with additional projects as needed.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Fluxx is a must
- BA or equivalent required; 2-4 years of work experience in grant writing and management
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, verbal, written, organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail, work efficiently, communicate effectively with teams
- Solid ethics a must; ability to use discretion with sensitive materials
- Sincere interest in the mission of WHDC
Salary and Benefits
Annual Salary: $50,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: A generous benefits package includes full health insurance coverage and other attractive benefits.
Apply using any one of these platforms:
Alternatively, please send a resume or CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Include the following in your cover letter: familiarity with Fluxx and your ability to commute to/from the office during working hours.
Manhattan Community District 9 (MCD9: 110th to 155th Streets from the Hudson River to an eastern boundary along Manhattan, Morningside, St. Nicholas, Bradhurst, and Edgecombe Avenues) residents are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, we cannot respond unless selected for further consideration.
WHDC is an equal opportunity employer.