WHDC Releases Application for Smaller Grants-DEADLINE PASSED
March 22, 2016
West Harlem Development Corporation announces the release of the application for smaller grants to fund programs in the areas of affordable housing, community facilities, education and workforce and economic development that benefit West Harlem/Community District 9. Please note the important information below.
Application Release: Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Deadline to Submit Application/Supporting Documents: Wed., Apr. 27, 2016 5pm ET
Notification of Awards: July, 2016
Project Expected Start Date: August/ September 2016
Project Expected Completion Date: July/ August 2017
2016 Cycle 1 Questions:
Please submit any questions by: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 Midnight ET
Answers to FAQ’s will be posted on WHDC’s website on: Monday, April 18, 2016
Grant Award Information:
Please review WHDC’s Grant Making Procedures – Smaller Grants before submitting application for full grant application requirements.
Applicants may apply for a one year grant ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. As a criteria, funding requests should not represent more than 50% of your current organizational budget (excluding WHDC request).
Grant awards will be paid in two installments, with the first half paid in advance upon the formal receipt of award letter from WHDC’s grant making partner, Tides Foundation. A second and final payment will be made upon WHDC’s receipt and approval of a satisfactory interim report.
Application and Submission Components:
Your application must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
– 2016 Cycle 1 application form
– Excel Grant Budget Form
– All applicable Supporting Documents
- Copy of most recent Form 990 filed with the IRS – All Applicants
- Copy of most recent NY CHAR500 (Annual filling for charitable organizations) with the NYS Department of Law – All Applicants
- Certificate of Incorporation – All Applicants
- Copy of Conflict of Interest Policy if not included in the Certificate of Incorporation – As applicable
- Authorization to do Business in New York State if incorporated outside New York State – As applicable to your corporation.
- IRS Determination Letter – 501 (c) 3 – All Applicants
- Project Site Owner’s Permission Letter – As applicable to your project.
- School and other significant Commitment Letters – As applicable to your project.
- Additional information to demonstrate organization’s past success in planned activity – Limit to one example and optional.
- Letter of Support – Limit to one letter and optional.
- Note that WHDC makes grants to only duly incorporated non-profit organizations, even if they use fiscal sponsors. If you are using a fiscal sponsor, submit letter indicating an agreement between the applicant and the fiscal sponsor. The letter should include:
- Legal name of the fiscal sponsor and address on fiscal sponsor letterhead
- A brief explanation for the reason to use a fiscal sponsor
- Fiscal Sponsor Tax Identification Number