WHDC Board Members and Staff convened on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at International House for their Annual Meeting and Board Retreat.
Usually hosted out of the city as a time to reflect and discuss the upcoming year, members decided to have a two-day session that included a dinner and full-day workshop that reflected on this year’s theme of “Looking towards a CBA Legacy”.
Some of the key points for discussion included:
- Evaluating a changing West Harlem community and WHDC’s Activities
- Appraisal of 1st Strategic Plan (2015-2017)
- Creating a 2nd Strategic Plan (2018-2020)
- Affordable Housing Development
- Review of Revisioning Session with Stakeholders – held on November 8, 2018
- Review of Board Minutes, Committee Reports and Next Steps for the upcoming year
Overall, the Annual Board Retreat was well-attended, and WHDC staff engaged in constructive dialogue with their board that will enhance their efforts to support the West Harlem community.
Further information on WHDC’s 2017 accomplishments and 2018 goals will be presented in their upcoming 2017 Annual Report and quarterly newsletter due out in the Spring 2018.