CLOSED – WHDC Funding Opportunity: Special COVID-19 Impact RFP
June 1, 2020
The West Harlem Development Corporation (WHDC) Board of Directors voted unanimously to release Special COVID-19 Impact Grants ($500,000 in total) to fund MCD9-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. The intent of these grants is to assist successful applicants with projects to address specific issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic in West Harlem. Organizations should be ready and able to quickly implement those projects. WHDC’s Special COVID-19 Impact Grant proposals address the following priority areas:
- Direct Health & Human Services
- Workforce Services
- Economic Development Services
- Housing Services
- Education Services
Special COVID-19 Impact grants range from $15,000 to $50,000. Support funds enable a nonprofit organization to direct program activities within 120 days of receipt of the first installment. The WHDC Special COVID-19 Impact RFP is now closed.
Application Release: Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Deadline to submit application & supporting documents: Monday, June 15, 2020 11:59pm EST
Notification of Awards: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
If you have any questions submit them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions – Answered
1. Is WHDC strictly limiting eligibility to 501(c)(3)s that are located in CB9 or is it open to those that provide services to CB9?
– Funded organizations will be physically located in MCD9 and a MCD9 registered 501(c)(3).
2. Are there specific services WHDC is seeking to fund?
– This is a special RFP that seeks to mitigate the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on West Harlem residents rather than services provided by any nonprofit. Prospective services for which funding support is sought should fall within a WHDC priority area, be a consequence of the pandemic, and provide relief to West Harlem residents.
3. Can the funding be retroactive?