Culinary Training Program – Paid Apprenticeship
January 30, 2020
Interested in a paid apprenticeship leading to a career as a line cook in a restaurant kitchen? Contact West Harlem Skills Training Center today.
First Course NYC is a 14-week culinary training program that will prepare and connect qualified New Yorkers to jobs as an entry-level Line Cook and clear pathways to advancement and higher wages in respected NYC restaurants.
In the first eight weeks of classroom kitchen training, participants learn the fundamental culinary and job skills required to be an entry-level professional line cook. The training will be delivered at the Food Arts Center, a state-of-the-art kitchen training facility in midtown Manhattan. Participants will be paid a daily stipend of $25/day during the initial eight-week training, and will receive weekly metrocards and daily meals.
The remaining six weeks of the program will offer an on-the-job apprenticeship in respected NYC restaurant kitchens at a rate of $16/hr.
It is intended that qualified apprentices who successfully complete their training will continue with their employer as a full time entry-level line cook.
Eligible Candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New York City resident
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Make no more than $68,114 annually
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Demonstrate a desire to work as a line cook in a restaurant kitchen
Contact WHSTC Manager José Martinez at (646) 518-4760 or email@example.com for more information.