Deep Dish Waves of Change Youth Summer Internship Program
May 9, 2013
Deep Dish Waves of Change is offering a professional opportunity for 5 female New York City High School students. This paid Summer Internship Program is open to all female high schoolers, including 2013 graduates, who live in Community Board 9 with an interest in learning more about web design/development, community media and journalism. They will consider highly motivated middle school students. The internship is July – August 2013. Interns will receive a $750 stipend, plus transportation.
Waves of Change is a survey of community media around the world: Radio, Television, Theater, Murals, Comics, etc. as resistance to commercial culture. As a summer intern you’ll get to:
- Write, research,and create your own community media pieces.
- Build creative work place skills
- Develop your programming knowledge
- Work and learn from technical experts and community leaders
- Become educators among your peers and within your community by sharing your experiences through presentations at schools and in the community
- Make a difference in your community and the world
Applications due June 07, 2013. There will be an informational meet and greet in June.
Application packets are available online.
This summer internship project is made possible by a grant from the West Harlem Local Development Corporation & Deep Dish Network.