Climate Change & Environmental Justice in Harlem
August 10, 2022
Peggy Shepard, Co-Founder & Executive Director of WE ACT, will be among the all-star list of speakers discussing how Harlem residents and organizations can work with local businesses, schools, and government to address the climate crisis.
The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce, Columbia University and West Harlem Development are hosting this in-person event to kickoff Harlem Week at 6 PM on Wednesday, Aug. 10 at the Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building’s 2nd Floor Art Gallery, which is located at 163 West 125th Street (at the corner of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard). Speakers include:
- Cordell Cleare, New York State Senator, 30th Senate District
- Peggy Shepard, Co-founder and Executive Director, WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Daniel Zarrilli, Special Advisor, Climate & Sustainability, Columbia University
- Dr. Courtney Cogburn, Associate Professor, Columbia University School of Social Work
- Adriana Espinoza, Deputy Commissioner, Equity & Justice, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Emily Maxwell, New York Division Cities Director, The Nature Conservancy
- The Honorable Milton A. Tingling, Chairperson, Board of Directors, West Harlem Development Corporation
Link to rsvp (currently a waitlist): https://www.
eventbrite.com/e/climate- change-and-environmental- justice-in-harlem-tickets- 387754192227
Harlem Week 2022 (8/12 – 8/21): https://www.harlemweek.